Friday, January 6, 2012

I'm In ...Are You?

On January 2nd, my friend, Lamb, of Frippery Farm fame did a great post about setting objectives instead of making resolutions for the New Year.  The concept is simply to assign a theme as a goal for each month and focus on achieving that goal before the next month rolls around.  In theory, the theme for each separate month will help her achieve "No Waste" which is her main theme for this whole year.  January's theme is "Organization" and she plans to tackle every room, every closet, every drawer. 

When I read her post, my first thought was, 'Great idea!'   My second thought was, 'Yeah, but it'll never happen here.'  I'm not a hoarder, but I am very sentimental so I accumulate stuff very quickly.  I also tend to multi-task so, in spite of my good intentions and best efforts, there are always several unfinished projects around this house.  But my third thought on the subject was, 'Why the heck not?

So today, I was happy to see Lamb's post about the Declutter Challenge from The Single Saver blog.  Signing up for a challenge might be just the motivation I need to achieve some of these goals so count me in!  Read about it here and consider joining us.  I double dog dare you! 

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Okay, I had to laugh at your 'first thoughts' because my first thought was "Run away!" a la Monty Python. Maybe I watch too much Monty Python?

I've been considering a theme for the year, but not monthly.

January 7, 2012 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger Old NFO said...

I've moved so often, I'm down to minimums now... :-) I declutter anymore, and I'm gonna be down to a mattress on the floor and a gun safe :-)

January 7, 2012 at 7:12 PM  
Blogger HossBoss said...

@Andrea...
I find myself 'of two minds' about most subjects, especially as I get older. But this is an area I know I need to address. It's great to have an abundance of necessities, but most of what I tend to accumulate is not in that category. I'm on an 'improve ME' campaign and this is definitely an area I could stand to improve!

January 7, 2012 at 9:05 PM  
Blogger HossBoss said...

@NFO...
Moving will do that for you. It's been over five years since our last big move and still dread the thought we'd have to do it again. If I had to move tomorrow, it would take one very BIG truck. Maybe two. LOL

January 7, 2012 at 9:16 PM  
Blogger CoolChange©© said...

I've been decluttering my shop for the last 2 weekends. It's like watching a carpenter with AD. I sweep some sawdust, put away some tools, find the broken tool I was going to fix last summer, fix said tool, find a cast off piece of something that will fix the rabbit hutch door, wander off to fix said door.......I have swept 1/2 the shop floor. :) You get the picture.

January 10, 2012 at 7:18 PM  
Blogger HossBoss said...

@CoolChange...
OMG, you just described the way I clean house ...which is precisely why I need to commit to this challenge. We can DO it!

January 10, 2012 at 9:13 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

I think I fit right in with this crowd. For me, it's the office/craft/storage room. Paperwork, you know, bills, magazines, scraps of notes, etc. multiply like bunnies. I seriously don't know how I have so much paperwork/clutter. It just builds up until I work my way through most of it. The rest gets put aside to multiply again. Sign me up!

January 19, 2012 at 5:29 PM  
Blogger HossBoss said...

@Rose...
My office is also my craft and storage room too. And paperwork is a constant thorn in my side. I always think if I can just GET it organized, I can KEEP it organized. But I always feel like I'm treading water just to keep up with it.

I've made a little progress so far. I'm still working on it and there are ten more days left in January.

January 21, 2012 at 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home