Saturday, October 31, 2009

Keep a Watchful Eye


Reading my friend SciFiChick's post about the frustrations of being surrounded by scoffers and sheeple got me to thinking.  I was one of the sheeple not too long ago.  I am a bit of a Pollyanna sometimes, always wanting to see things in a positive way.  But I'm a realist too and I can see that 'the change'  that was promised is not the 'the change' we are getting.  I still believe in this nation and the vast network of preppers I'm seeing gives me hope that we will survive whatever the future holds.  But surviving does not mean things will ever go back to what they were.  


I will continue to talk to other preppers, to glean information and to share what I might have to offer with like-minded individuals.  And I will continue to urge family and friends that I care about to see what's happening and start prepping for themselves.   But I think it might be time for us to become a bit quieter when we're amongst people we don't know.  What was that several months ago about this administration setting up an email address for people to send in the names of people they thought were not 'with the program' so to speak?  I don't remember the details.  Yeoldfurt is the expert on this stuff.  I do remember that the some spokesperson later said that the whole thing was a misunderstanding and they took canceled the email address.  I don't think it was a misunderstanding at all and it sure got my hackles up.  


I think we need to stay close to those we are close to, choose new friendships and associations wisely, and just keep doing what we're doing for ourselves.  Like the cats in this picture.  Cuddle up with those we know we can trust but keep a watchful eye.


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I truly think you are right, I think the time has come to become more "tight-lipped" about the things we do. You bring up a good point about the snitch out your neighbor attitude. It is being pressed hard and will only become and more intrusive as things get worse. It is one thing to share information with like minded people but as you so eloquently (sp) put it "it might be time for us to become a little quieter"

Oh, and on a lighter note.....I am telling you .....those are MY CATS! I wish cats would pose for a person but they generally look at me all crazy when I try to get them to pose for a "look alike" picture. (sighs)

October 31, 2009 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger HossBoss said...

Well, your post was my total inspiration today. I have three other posts in progress but when I read what you wrote this morning, it really did get me to thinking.

Oh, and on that lighter note, they are definitely MY cats ...but I could be talked out of them. Ha! We are, after all, downsizing. LOL

Yeoldfurt is outside diligently doing the deed (it's rooster to roaster weekend, you know). So far he has let me help only a little. But the least I can do is go keep him company. I just came in to start a load of laundry.

Have a great day!

October 31, 2009 at 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home